Jakob Sørensen is 31 years old based in Copenhagen and now releasing his third album as a bandleader. Since finishing his studies in Aarhus Jakob Sørensen back in 2015 Jakob has released the record NOMAD(2016) which really sat course for his career after his debut album Bagland(2015).
He grew up in a small city in Denmark, coming from at family filled with music. After 3 years of study at the Royal Academy of Music in Aarhus he was accepted by Jazz Institute, Berlin. After finishing the studies in Aarhus and Berlin Jakob moved to Copenhagen and is playing in the Navy Band and freelancing. Jakob has been touring in Sweden, Germany and Denmark with his own group.
Jakob has played all kinds of genres and shared the stage with DR Bigband, Etta Cameron, Gerrard Pressencer, Andrew D’Angelo Bill McHenry, Gene Perla, Jay Rodriguez, Søren Nørbo, Aarhus Jazz Orchestra etc.
Distinctions and quotes.
– New Danish Jazz Artist 2017, DPA
– Jazz musician of the Year 2015, in the northern part of Denmark
– Nominated to be jazz musician of the year 2015 in Denmark
– The Musician of The Year 2011, Sæby Jazz Festival
– Support from DMF, DjBFA, Statens Kunstfond, Dansk Skuespillerforbund, Nancy Christensen og Ethel og Hans Hansens Kunstfond, Aarhus Kommune
”A talent who is on his way. Apart from mastering his instrument he is able to communicate the music so it reaches the audience.”
”A part from being a committed musician he is an amazing organizer.”
”He is a virtuoso on his instrument”(Quotes from The Jazz Festival of Sæby, Inger Grund)
“Fantastic sound og his performances of especially the ballads was masterly…(Aarhus Jazzfestival)